Goldings Web Photo Gallery
By Frank Cooke ©
photos from Barnardo's archive 26/04/2002
Tel: Hexham 2454
Mount Royal was opened September 1948 for girls. Then in February 1953 Mount Royal became a mixed home. In April of 1975 Mount Royal became a home for nine children with emotional difficulties. The home finally closed September 1982. The children and staff moved to a small homes unit Kings Cottage with the number of children reduced to seven.
39/4 Childhood Memories a photographic history of Dr Barnardo's
NO BANNER at the top? Click here to go to our home page